This is a simple recipe perfect for someone who wants to try tofu for the first time. Don’t forget to press your tofu! It makes a big difference 🙂
2 blocks of extra firm tofu, pressed
1 bottle vegan barbecue sauce (you’ll use about half)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice each block of tofu into slices no thicker than ½ inch.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat without oil and dry fry the slices of tofu, 5 minutes on each side.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Pour a thin layer of barbecue sauce on the baking sheet.
- Lay the tofu on the baking sheet and pour or brush barbecue sauce over each piece.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning once and basting with barbecue sauce halfway through – after 15 minutes.
How to Press Tofu without a Tofu Press