Everything tastes great with BBQ sauce! Haven’t tried tempeh yet? This is a great way to make it for the first time. It has a great chewy texture that will be great if you miss meat.
Vegan Tempeh BBQ Sandwich
2, 8oz packages of tempeh
1 bottle of vegan barbecue sauce
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and place a steamer basket in the pot.
- Slice each tempeh patty into 4 pieces.
- Place tempeh in the steamer basket, cover and steam for 20 minutes.
- In a casserole dish, add enough barbecue sauce to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Add the steamed tempeh to the dish in one layer.
- Pour enough barbecue sauce over the tempeh to almost cover it.
- Cover tempeh with foil and bake for 45 minutes.