This may seem weird, but it's not. I've made a similar recipe before and it tastes so refreshing and light! Perfect for hot summer days. You should try it.
Chilled Cantaloupe Soup
Source: Food52.com, adapted
6 cups chopped cantaloupe, about 1 (4 pound) melon
1 1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons agave nectar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 sprig fresh mint
- Place all ingredients, except for the mint, in a large bowl and stir.
- Place half the mixture in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour soup into a pitcher, and repeat with remaining mixture.
- Taste and whisk in more cinnamon, agave nectar or even lemon juice if desired. It should taste sweet and tart, with only a hint of cinnamon. Chill the soup until ready to serve.
- Remove the mint leaves from the stem (discard) and stack the leaves on top of each other. Roll lengthwise into a tight "cigar." Slice crosswise into thin strips.
- Pour the chilled soup into six soup bowls.
- Garnish each with a sprinkle of shredded mint and serve.