During my research for this series, I ran across this delicious looking no bake fudge pie. Being a chocolate lover, I had to throw it in. It's very similar to a chocolate pudding recipe that I've made so it makes me think that that could easily go into a pie shell as well. I'm including that recipe as well as another chocolate pudding recipe without tofu.
2. Fudge Pie and Chocolate Pudding
Vegan No Bake Fudge Pie
Source: Everyday Maven, Featured on Garden to Work (adapted from: The Ultimate Chocolate Fudge Pie by Chocolate Covered Katie)
1 (12.3-ounce) package Mori-Nu Silk Firm Tofu
2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons unsweetened, plain Almond Milk
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
1 cup chocolate chips (Vegan optional)
Shaved coconut or fresh berries for topping (optional)
- Prepare crust according to directions and allow to cool.
- Combine tofu, cocoa powder, vanilla, almond milk, salt and maple syrup in the bowl of a food processor.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave or in a double boiler on stovetop and immediately add to food processor.
- Process all ingredients until completely smooth.
- Pour into pie crust using a spatula to smooth top of filling.
- Place into refrigerator until chilled (at least 1 to 2 hours).
- Top with shaved coconut or fresh berries, serve and Enjoy!
Real Deal Chocolate Pudding
Source: Plant Based on a Budget
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 cups almond milk
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line up 6-8 ramekins, small bowls or tea cups on counter.
- In large saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add just enough almond milk to make a paste and whisk until completely smooth.
- Slowly whisk in remaining almond milk. Place pot on stove and heat over medium, stirring occasionally.
- Once mixture starts to thicken, turn heat to low and whisk for 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Add chocolate chips and vanilla extract and stir until chocolate chips are completely melted.
- Pour pudding into individual cups. Serve warm or chilled.