Squash is a standard side dish at my grandmother’s during the summer. It’s really quick to prepare since it can actually be eaten raw. If you fill your pan like I did, stir the zucchini frequently so that all of the pieces get cooked evenly. I was multitasking and ended up with some pieces more well done than others.
Servings: 4 side servings
Cost per Serving: $1.04
3 zucchini squash
3 yellow squash
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/8 cayenne pepper (optional)
oil, enough to coat the pan
- Slice the zucchini and squash into ¼ thick rounds.
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Add enough oil or water to coat the bottom of the pan (if you’re using water, you may need to keep an eye on everything and add more if the squash starts to stick).
- Add the squash to the pan.
- Add the salt and cayenne pepper and stir everything together.
- Saute until the squash is tender, about 10 minutes.
This is #3 of 7 Side Dishes that Just Might Steal the Show