Audio File Unavailable
Kristie Agee is the owner of My Veggie Chef in Nashville, Tennessee. In this episode, you will learn...
- About the cheese sauce that rocked Kristie's world (she even shared the recipe below)
- How you can get Kristie's food even if you don't live in Nashville
- 2 cookbooks that will give you a good foundation
- The easiest way to start eating more vegan meals
- A quick taco recipe that will convert people every time
Recipes Courtesy of Kristie
Vegan Nacho Cheeze Dip
Makes about 2 cups
2 cups water
¼ cup raw cashews
One 4 oz. jar pimentos, drained
1 cup nutritional yeast flakes
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 ½ teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon turmeric
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a medium saucepan and stir very frequently over LOW heat until thickened, about 10 minutes.
Serve as a dip with tortilla chips and vegetables.
1.5 c. vital wheat gluten
1/4 c. nutritional yeast
1 t. paprika
1 t. garlic powder
1/4 t. cumin
3/4 c. cold water
4 T. tomato paste
1 T. ketchup
2 T. olive oil
2 T. soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a large mixing bowl mix dry ingredients. Mix the liquid ingredients in a smaller mixing bowl.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix well, then knead for several minutes.
- Form into a log (6-8" long), wrap tightly in foil, twisting ends. Bake for 90 minutes.
- Unwrap and leave out until log has cooled. Wrap in foil or plastic and refrigerate.
Slice to use as desired.
Connect with Kristie and My Veggie Chef
Phone: 615-200-TOFU (8638)