This Vegan Ginger Carrot Soup is part of a collaboration with 7 other vegan YouTubers - Soup-er Vegan Soups!
I adapted this recipe from The Splendid Table's Carrot Ginger Soup recipe.
Serves: 4 cups
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 pound carrots, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh peeled ginger
- 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, broth, orange juice and ginger; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Puree with immersion blender or let cool for 15 minutes and blend in a blender, until very smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan and stir in the coconut milk, lemon juice, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Reheat the soup over medium heat until hot.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve.