This homemade vegetable broth is too easy not to make. Plus, it's cheaper than buying it from the store. Give it a try!
Homemade Vegetable Broth
Source: Vegan Yum Yum
Yield: About 12 Cups of Broth
2-3 Tbs Olive Oil
1-2 Large Onions, chopped
1 lb Celery, chopped
1 lb Carrots, washed not peeled, chopped
3 Whole Cloves Garlic
1 Bay Leaf
10 Whole Black Peppercorns
2 tsp Salt
1/4 Cup Low Sodium Tamari
1 Gallon Water
- Heat a large stock pot with some olive oil in the bottom.
- Add the vegetables, garlic, bay leaf, peppercorns and salt.
- Pour in the water, give it a good stir, turn up the heat and cover.
- Cook for 1 hour, turning the heat down a bit once the whole thing starts boiling.
- After 1 hour, add the tamari/soy sauce and let it simmer uncovered for another 20-30 minutes to concentrate the flavors.
- Strain the veggies and transfer the broth to your preferred storage containers.