This is quick and easy and flavorful. If you don't like the orange flavor, only use the zest and juice of one orange. I love it and use 2.
Sweet Potato Puree with Orange Essence
Source: Emeril Lagasse, adapted
Yield: 5 cups
2 large sweet potatoes, sliced thinly
Zest and juice of 2 oranges
1 1/4 cup nondairy milk
1 tablespoon agave nectar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place potatoes in a pot and cover them with water.
- Bring them to a boil and boil them for 10 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are boiling, add the remaining ingredients to a blender.
- Blend for a few seconds to combine everything.
- Drain the potatoes and add them to the blender.
- Blend until it’s smooth. You may need to do this in batches.