I have several "go to" recipes and this applesauce cake has been one of my "go to" desserts since the beginning of my vegan journey. It's so simple and doesn't require much other than measuring a few ingredients. I've taken it to work several times and it flies off the plate. My family loves it too!
Source: Mid-Hudson Vegetarian Society
Serves: 1, 9x13 loaf cake
½ cup canola oil
1 cup organic granulated sugar
2 cups unbleached flour
1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
2 cups applesauce
½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix oil and sugar well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Mix the applesauce and vanilla into the oil and sugar mixture.
- Mix in the dry ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Pour the batter into an oiled and floured 9" x 13" pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 - 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.