A moist, sweet cake without eggs or dairy? Yes, please! This zucchini bread is delightful and can be enjoyed any time of the year. It's really perfect when the garden is overflowing with zucchini!
Source: Hell Yeah It's Vegan
Makes: 1 loaf
3 tbsp ground flax seeds
1/4 cup warm water
1/2 cup turbinado sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup applesauce
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup grated zucchini, packed (~3 medium-sized ones)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
- Grease loaf pan.
- Combine flax seeds and warm water.
- Mix together flax seed mixture, oil, applesauce, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add zucchini; stir until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together remaining dry ingredients.
- Add wet to dry and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened and everything is incorporated evenly; some lumps are fine.
- Pour batter in prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes (check at 25 minutes), or until knife inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
Let cool a few minutes before slicing.
* If you want muffins instead, reduce baking time to 30-40 minutes.