These are my favorite black bean brownies. I have tried other versions, but keep coming back to this recipe. Don’t mistake these brownies for a healthy recipe just because they include black beans. With all of this sugar, these are nowhere near healthy…but they do taste good!
Vegan Black Bean Brownies
Source: No Meat Athlete
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 1/4 cups raw sugar
1 1/2 cup cocoa
4 tsp instant coffee powder
1 1/2 cups chopped hazelnuts
1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
3/4 cup water
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup of water (eyeball it by filling up half the empty can)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Drain a can of black beans and rinse thoroughly until the waterruns clear.
- Add 3/4 cup water to a food processor or blender along with the beans and puree them.
- Add the puree to the dry mix along with the vanilla and extra cup of water.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, rotating the pan around halfway through.
- When the brownies are finished they should be firm in the center andthe edges will be slightly puffy and starting to pull away from the sides.
- Let brownies cool completely then cut them into whatever shape you like.