Do you claim to not like cauliflower? I guarantee it's not the cauliflower it's the person who prepared it. Try this recipe and you'll change your tune. I promise!
Braised Cauliflower With Garlic and Tomatoes
Source: Food.com, adapted
2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium head cauliflower, cored, cut into 1-inch florets
1 can (14.5 ounce size) diced tomatoes
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons minced fresh basil leaves or 1 teaspoon dried
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
¼ teaspoon Old Bay seasoning (optional)
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over a medium-high flame until almost smoking.
- Add the cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally, until the florets begin to brown, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Clear a space in the center of the pan and add the garlic, pepper flakes and remaining oil.
- Mash and stir the garlic mixture in the center of the pan until it becomes fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir the garlic mixture into the cauliflower and cook an additional minute.
- Add tomatoes, cover and cook until cauliflower is tender, but still offers some resistance, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add basil and season with salt to taste. Serve immediately.