Need something to take to a party or eat while you're watching the game? Chloe Coscarelli's Warm Spinach Artichoke Dip fits the bill! It's got a creamy texture and a zing that will make your tastebuds sing!
Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
Source: Chloe Coscarelli, slightly adapted
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ cup chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper, optional
5/6 oz. baby spinach (bag)
1 14-oz. package soft/firm silken tofu, drained
½ cup nutritional yeast flakes
2 tablespoons lemon juice
teaspoon dried basil
1 ½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
12/14 oz. of canned, marinated, or frozen artichoke hearts, drained
bread or tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 1-quart baking dish.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté onions until soft.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add spinach, red pepper flakes and garlic. Let cook, stirring gently, until spinach is wilted.
- In a food processor, blend tofu, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, basil, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Add artichokes and spinach mixture, and pulse about 15 times.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned on top. Let cool a few minutes, then serve with bread or tortilla chips.